Try skipping the barbeque sauce and whip up this delicious and easy chutney recipe to pair with your grilled chicken. It’s even sweet enough that the kids will love it!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black or yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 6-8 dried red chiles
- 1/4 cup firmly packed organic dark brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1.Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds, cover, and cook until the seeds have stopped popping, 20 to 30 seconds. Add pineapple, raisins and chiles to taste.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the raisins are plump and the fruit is lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
3. Add sugar and cook, stirring, until it dissolves, about 2 minutes. Add water and salt. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is syrupy-thick, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro and serve warm.